Friday, February 1, 2008

Speed Cooking

One of my wife's many talents is that she is able to play music by ear. This amazes me. I, on the other hand, took piano lessons for six years and can't play a note. However, I can cook a complete whole foods meal in 30 minutes. I suppose this is the same thing Racheal Ray does on 30 Minute meals but she has a staff of people helping her. Last night for instance we had Pork tenderloin tortillas. The tenderloin was $3.59. I sliced thin slices and quickly grilled them on a stove top grill pan. This
took about 10 minutes. I heated some whole wheat tortillas in the microwave (on a plate with a damp paper towel (plain white) covering them) to keep them from drying out. I heated up some refried beans I had made a few weekends ago from dried pinto beans. I made some white rice, chopped lettuce, tomatoes, onions, grated chedder cheese. Everything was placed on the table so that each person could make their own burrito wrap. This is great meal not just because it's fast and healthy but because you can put pretty much anything in them.

No comments: